Monday, March 14, 2011

a shiney kind of punk rock

I have begun the slow slow slow process of putting studs on my leather jacket. I've wanted to for a long time, have had the studs around a while. I've been apprehensive, because I LOVE my jacket. It took a lot of hours to make. It was the first. But its not perfect, so finally I am telling myself that if all doesn't work out with metal and metal and metal, I can always make myself another one. I can always make myself another one anyway.


I expect it will take me forever. I've probably put about a half hours work so far:


Its complicated work for one because its hard to know what anything will look like until I've already punched holes and pressed the stud in. I'm excited about the process however. This is something that will even look awesome undone and half finished, so the 'journey' is the fun.

My inspiration? Karen O and Lady Gaga, because I adore these ladies.

 

Let's be honest, I probably need one of these too:

No comments:

Post a Comment